The Veterans Health Administration COVID-19 (VACO) Index for COVID-19 Mortality predicts 30 day mortality following a positive test. VACO co-creators Amy Justice MD, PhD and Joseph King Jr, MD, MSCE break down how to use VACO, what it does, and what it doesn’t. We’re also joined by Joe Habboushe MD, CEO of MDCalc, whose online VACO calculator makes using VACO far easier than doing it in your head. Here is a link to the VACO Calculator.
- The Veterans Health Administration COVID-19 (VACO) Index, what it is and how it helps us evaluate patients [01:20];
- Why VACO doesn’t include race or BMI [03:40];
- Whether VACO can be useful in the ED or the acute setting [08:20];
- Potential applications of the VACO index [12:15];
- What VACO does not do [18:30];
- And more.
This podcast streams free on iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Interested in one-on-one coaching? https://roborman.com/about-us/coaching/
Follow Rob: Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.
Leave a Reply