Below is a guided exercise that you might find useful for the transition point between work and home.
At work, you are often activated, hyper focused, and fully absorbed. There can also be stress points and challenges that don’t get processed because, frankly, you’ve got to move on to the next thing.
These factors, amongst others, can make it difficult to just jump right into ‘home brain’. In addition, there’s a lot to untangle in your ‘work brain’ at the end of the day.
What many of us do is kind of push that tangle it to the side, get on with the rest of day or taking that up a level, numb it or drown it out so that it doesn’t make too much noise.
If any of this sounds or feels familiar to you, I encourage you to check out the guided exercise below to help with the transition between work and home.
What’s in there..
- A brief focused breathing cycle down-regulate, shift from that sympathetic – go go go -to parasympathetic/decompressed
- A guided review of the day .
- What went well, what was interesting.
- What was challenging.
- Why was it challenging, what happened, and how could you approach it differently the next time?
- Release. Release whatever you’re holding on to from work.