Are coaching sessions confidential?
- Yes, similar to what you would expect with a psychiatrist or psychologist. We adhere to the ethical standards of the International Coaching Federation which strongly stresses confidentiality to support the psychological safety necessary for effective coaching sessions.
How long are coaching sessions?
- Typically 60-90 minutes
How often do we meet?
- It depends on your particular challenge, goals, and needs. Most clients find benefit in initially meeting every week to every other week. After building some momentum, the interval between sessions generally increases.
How will I know the coaching is working?
- Coaching engagements are a partnership. While you are making a commitment to the process, I’m also making a commitment to you. Throughout the coaching engagement, we regularly check in to make sure you are on track to achieve your goals and objectives.
Why does coaching cost what it does?
- There’s no standard rate for coaching. Our rates reflect the mid range for physician coaching. We are by no means the lowest price, nor are we the highest. We’ve set our current rate for a balance of affordability for clients and sustainability for our coaching practice.
Is coaching worth it for what I want to achieve?
- It depends on what your issue is costing you and the value in solving it. For some challenges, coaching isn’t the right path. For others, it’s incredibly effective and well worth the investment. The two bits of feedback our clients consistently give is that, through coaching, they feel more joy in their medical practices and have added longevity to their careers. For more detail, here is a link to our testimonial page.
What does my coach do between sessions?
- We produce the Stimulus Podcast with our clients as the primary target audience. When we see a trend in our coaching engagements, we make an episode to address it so that all clients can benefit.
- In addition, each client has continued email support for questions or challenges that come up between sessions, and regular check-ins to help with accountability.
Why do new clients start with a block of sessions and not just go one at a time as needed?
- Coaching is about helping you achieve your goals. Goals run the gamut from the concrete (launch a new initiative) to the less concrete (feel less burnt out). Regardless, the type of coaching we do is not one and done. It takes time to make meaningful change and get you where you want to be.
How much does coaching cost?
- Here’s a link to our current rate sheet.
Can I use CME funds for coaching?
- We do not offer CME credit for coaching engagements, but about half of our clients are able to use CME/education/professional development funds for our coaching services. For a handful of clients, their employer pays for coaching.
Are coaching fees tax deductible?
- You’ll have to check with your accountant on this one but, in our experience, coaching investments are a fully deductible professional development business expense.
Do I get a summary after coaching sessions?
- Yes, after each session I send you a summary of what we discussed and highlight the action steps. I take notes so you don’t have to.